When did you join Wear it Purple?
Position with Wear it Purple?
Operations Officer, Melbourne
Why did you join Wear it Purple?
The organisation and their mission, vision and values represent everything I am about. I am particularly passionate about our youth – the statistics surrounding suicide/mental health issues in our rainbow youth break my heart. I hope to immerse myself in the community, spread a message of love & acceptance to help our rainbow youth feel safe and empowered to thrive as their true authentic self, regardless of their environment.
Do you identify in the community or support as an ally?
I proudly identify as a gay male.
3 fun facts about you.
- I am an advocate for both human & animal rights
- I have a big scar on my leg that runs from my knee up to my hip from a freak childhood accident
- “Toxic” by Britney Spears always has been, always will be – my anthem
- I love food and I am a fitness addict!
- Living in and loving Melbourne, I like to explore the culturally charged flavour sensations this amazing city has to offer.
- I am part of the F45 cult and am one of those crazy people who gets up before the sun every day to work out, I love the endorphins!
- Above all, family is where my heart lies – I have 2 amazing older sisters who have gifted me with 4 beautiful nephews who I love and treasure dearly.
What do you do for work?
I am a Customer Service Specialist for the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.