We couldn’t do what we do Wear it Purple without our volunteers. Together, we’re making a difference!
In volunteering you can support our mission by providing us with your unique skills, talent and enthusiasm.
Whether it is a couple of hours a week or a year, volunteering with Wear it Purple provides us and you with some benefits including:
- Use existing skills and learn new skills
- Opportunity to make the LGBTQI+ community, and the greater community, a more inclusive and safe environment for rainbow youth
- Meeting and engaging with new people with a similar mission
Categories of volunteers
Event volunteers support Wear it Purple with several events during the year and in particular with the organisation of Wear it Purple Day. This includes activities like:
- Preparing corporate sponsorship packs
- Preparing and distributing school packs
- Assisting with preparation of creative materials like flyers, bracelets, t-shirts etc
- Providing your time to help us man our stalls at various community events including Mardi Gras Fair Day and Wear it Purple Day, or to supervise our young people during the Mardi Gras Parade.
If you are interested in event volunteering, click here.
Admin Volunteers assist the Wear it Purple staff members with mailings, filing and other administrative tasks. When projects become available, volunteers are contacted depending on their interests, availability and skills. We will contact our network of volunteers seeking your help! If you are interested in becoming an admin volunteer, click here.
As a youth-led, not-for-profit organisation, we rely on our volunteers to make everything happen! If you’re looking to get involved with Wear it Purple on a more consistent basis, have a look at the various positions currently available.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Social media intern;
- Media (video) portfolio; and
- Graphic designer.
If you’re keen on any of these positions, contact Naomi for more information and tell us about yourself! Why do you want to get involved, what do you like, what do you dislike, and why you think you’re the perfect fit!